Board Logo
« Rasslin' »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 22nd, 2017, 12:50pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11  ...  53 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Rasslin'  (Read 84539 times)
dudelovebaby

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

expendable


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 811
xx Re: Rasslin'
« Reply #120 on: Sep 17th, 2005, 7:24pm »

OK, here's my Unforgiven rundown. Sorry it's late but I really don't care all that much about this PPV.

Shelton/Kerwin.
IMO the Kerwin gimmick is absolutely stupid. However, this match has potential. Shelton's depush is really annoying considering we've got morons like Masters and Snitsky getting bigger pushes.
Winner: Shelton
Rating: Should be about ***

Superheroes vs. Hillbillies.
Does anyone care? Me neither.
Winners; Hillibillies, after they "Bring out the Gimp" (Come one it's WWE we're talking about.)
Rating: * if that.

Show vs. Snitsky.
Uhm...
Winner: Show
Rating: Negtaive stars.

Edge/Hardy
Hardy is being treated like shit. Period.
Winner: Edge
Rating: ***1/2 - ****

Masters/HBK
Fuck Masters, fuck him up his stupid ass.
Winner: HBK
Rating: **

Carlito/Flair.
Here's one of the two matches I care about in this show. This has potentia to be the funniest match ever.
Winner: Carlito
Rating: **1/2 or ****1/4 (Don't ask)

Angle/Cena.
I'm enjoying the RAW main event scene without HHH. Cena's fueds with Christian, Jericho and Angle have been a breath of fresh air. These guys have had two PPV matches before this and it's tied at 1 a peice. Angle should be able to carry Cena to his best singles match.
Winner: Cena
Rating: ***1/2 to ****
User IP Logged

midLfinger

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"I was mumbling to myself like the Joker in Dark Knight, "C'mon, hit me!" I had a Tommy gun in my right hand & I was firing at the moon. Bapapap!"

YIM YIM AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 735
xx Re: Rasslin'
« Reply #121 on: Sep 20th, 2005, 12:13am »

I actually remembered that there was a PPV like the night before the PPV. Not very exciting or hype-worthy. Sorry about my leave of absence, Dude.

I have to disagree with the whole Matt's being treated like shit thing. Of course, I have the advantage due to the fact that this is post-Unforgiven and I saw him hyped to Michaels/Cena/Big Show level tonight on Raw. Plus, he has the MITB Ladder Match on Raw's WWE Homecoming. And he did deliver two of the biggest bumps in a while in the past month.


on Aug 30th, 2005, 07:38am, dudelovebaby wrote:
IMO I'd put Goldberg ahead of Kevin Nash. He was so easily carried to ***+ with Jericho why can't he go ***+ with Benoit? Or Angle? Or HBK? Or Eddie? He's probably one of the easiest guys to carry.


I don't know if you mean Nash or Goldberg. I disagree, though, because Nash is currently 46 years old. Goldberg is 38. Nash was 38 in '97. That's when the nWo was huge and it was led by Nash, Hogan, and Hall. Now since Goldberg didn't face Jericho, Benoit, Angle, HBK or Eddie when he was 38 (it was a while ago) then Nash would be a little younger too... around the time he was WWF Champion for a year. When Nash was huge as Diesel. I'd say that Nash's match against HBK at "Good Friends, Better Enemies" was better than any Goldberg match I've ever seen.

Alas, 'better' is simply an opinion and to each his own, I guess. But I think Nash at 38 would kick Goldberg at 38's ass and would carry the match.
User IP Logged

"baby gon hyo & chu look like the bears from star wars"

-- My wife on kittenwar.com (08/30/2005, 12:38:22 AM)

User Image

midLfinger on Twitter!
midLfinger

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"I was mumbling to myself like the Joker in Dark Knight, "C'mon, hit me!" I had a Tommy gun in my right hand & I was firing at the moon. Bapapap!"

YIM YIM AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 735
xx Re: Rasslin'
« Reply #122 on: Sep 20th, 2005, 12:15am »

on Sep 17th, 2005, 7:24pm, dudelovebaby wrote:
Show vs. Snitsky.
Uhm...
Winner: Show
Rating: Negtaive stars.



Didn't watch it but I assume that it might've, in fact, been the very first match to score 5 black holes.
User IP Logged

"baby gon hyo & chu look like the bears from star wars"

-- My wife on kittenwar.com (08/30/2005, 12:38:22 AM)

User Image

midLfinger on Twitter!
dudelovebaby

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

expendable


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 811
xx Re: Rasslin'
« Reply #123 on: Sep 20th, 2005, 01:22am »

on Sep 20th, 2005, 12:13am, midLfinger wrote:
I actually remembered that there was a PPV like the night before the PPV. Not very exciting or hype-worthy. Sorry about my leave of absence, Dude.


Not a problem. I totally forgot about Unforgiven this year too. That's why it was a short preview. tongue

Quote:
I have to disagree with the whole Matt's being treated like shit thing. Of course, I have the advantage due to the fact that this is post-Unforgiven and I saw him hyped to Michaels/Cena/Big Show level tonight on Raw. Plus, he has the MITB Ladder Match on Raw's WWE Homecoming. And he did deliver two of the biggest bumps in a while in the past month.


The 8-man tag. Yeah that is an extremely good sign for Matt. I hope he wins the Ladder match too.

Quote:
I don't know if you mean Nash or Goldberg. I disagree, though, because Nash is currently 46 years old. Goldberg is 38. Nash was 38 in '97. That's when the nWo was huge and it was led by Nash, Hogan, and Hall. Now since Goldberg didn't face Jericho, Benoit, Angle, HBK or Eddie when he was 38 (it was a while ago) then Nash would be a little younger too... around the time he was WWF Champion for a year. When Nash was huge as Diesel. I'd say that Nash's match against HBK at "Good Friends, Better Enemies" was better than any Goldberg match I've ever seen.


Interesting. However Nash's best match occured when HBK was 31. Honestly, 30 to 33 HBK could have ****+ with a snail. And it's not like Nash is any different at 46 than he was at 37.

Quote:
Alas, 'better' is simply an opinion and to each his own, I guess.


Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, but everyone thinks everyone elses stinks. wink

Quote:
But I think Nash at 38 would kick Goldberg at 38's ass and would carry the match.


Yeah, with a tazer. cheesy
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2005, 01:25am by dudelovebaby » User IP Logged

midLfinger

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"I was mumbling to myself like the Joker in Dark Knight, "C'mon, hit me!" I had a Tommy gun in my right hand & I was firing at the moon. Bapapap!"

YIM YIM AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 735
xx Re: Rasslin'
« Reply #124 on: Sep 20th, 2005, 01:35am »

Hey, that's a low blow... anyway, Goldberg was about to use his most dangerous weapon on Nash... WCW booking.
User IP Logged

"baby gon hyo & chu look like the bears from star wars"

-- My wife on kittenwar.com (08/30/2005, 12:38:22 AM)

User Image

midLfinger on Twitter!
midLfinger

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"I was mumbling to myself like the Joker in Dark Knight, "C'mon, hit me!" I had a Tommy gun in my right hand & I was firing at the moon. Bapapap!"

YIM YIM AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 735
xx Re: Rasslin'
« Reply #125 on: Sep 20th, 2005, 01:41am »

on Sep 20th, 2005, 01:22am, dudelovebaby wrote:
Interesting. However Nash's best match occured when HBK was 31. Honestly, 30 to 33 HBK could have ****+ with a snail.


I'll tell you something amazingly hilarious. I was trying to find a way to prove that HBK couldn't put anybody over in a 4+ star match while he was between the ages of 30 and 33 and I came up with one match. The funny part? The match was at WrestleMania XI against Diesel... ugh. I guess that makes us both wrong.
User IP Logged

"baby gon hyo & chu look like the bears from star wars"

-- My wife on kittenwar.com (08/30/2005, 12:38:22 AM)

User Image

midLfinger on Twitter!
dudelovebaby

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

expendable


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 811
xx Re: Rasslin'
« Reply #126 on: Sep 20th, 2005, 03:49am »

on Sep 20th, 2005, 01:41am, midLfinger wrote:
I'll tell you something amazingly hilarious. I was trying to find a way to prove that HBK couldn't put anybody over in a 4+ star match while he was between the ages of 30 and 33 and I came up with one match. The funny part? The match was at WrestleMania XI against Diesel... ugh. I guess that makes us both wrong.


Well, I'd put Good Friends Better Enemies at ****1/2. That's a damn sight better than the best Goldberg match I've ever seen, which was vs. Y2J at Bad Blood 03 at ***1/4. Oddly enough Nash's match against HHH later that night was ***1/2. Hmmm....
User IP Logged

Chaos

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 342
xx Re: Rasslin'
« Reply #127 on: Sep 20th, 2005, 1:18pm »

Unvorgiven was pretty good

Edge vs Matt was great cheesy

I got well into it when Matt took control. Loved the twist of Fate to Lita, and the leg drop of the top of the cage was immense

Hated the DQ finish to the main event though

Otherwise good PPV

I'd give it 7/10

User IP Logged

angry

User Image

User Image
JTurner954

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 151
xx Re: Rasslin'
« Reply #128 on: Sep 26th, 2005, 10:23pm »

Funniest. Raw. Ever.

George Carlin was wrong: There's EIGHT dirty words you can't say on television.

RIP Spike.
User IP Logged

midLfinger

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"I was mumbling to myself like the Joker in Dark Knight, "C'mon, hit me!" I had a Tommy gun in my right hand & I was firing at the moon. Bapapap!"

YIM YIM AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 735
xx Re: Rasslin'
« Reply #129 on: Sep 27th, 2005, 12:46pm »

on Sep 26th, 2005, 10:23pm, JTurner954 wrote:
Funniest. Raw. Ever.

George Carlin was wrong: There's EIGHT dirty words you can't say on television.

RIP Spike.


I missed all but the final forty minutes of Raw. Somebody, please, elaborate.
User IP Logged

"baby gon hyo & chu look like the bears from star wars"

-- My wife on kittenwar.com (08/30/2005, 12:38:22 AM)

User Image

midLfinger on Twitter!
dudelovebaby

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

expendable


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 811
xx Re: Rasslin'
« Reply #130 on: Sep 27th, 2005, 9:51pm »

Spike kept on censoring WWE everytime they made referance to the USA network, so Vince, being the stubborn bastard that he is kept on making referance to the USA network throughout the show. Every minute there was a USA referance. Until Spike gave up on censoring them and to Vince's delight every second work was USA Network.

P.S. Vengance 2005 review coming soon.
User IP Logged

dudelovebaby

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

expendable


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 811
xx Re: Rasslin'
« Reply #131 on: Sep 28th, 2005, 06:20am »

Vengance 2005

Carlito vs. Shelton Benjamin
Very enjoyable opener. It seems June was Benjamins turn to play the injured babyface. (January being Randy Orton, April-May being Chris Benoit and recenty being Matt Hardy). Carlito has improved alot since last year and seems more comfortable in the ring when working with higher card guys like Benjamin. All in all a decent match between both guys, that acheived its purpose to get Carlito over.

Rating: **1/2

Christy Hemme vs. Victoria.
Not bad for Hemme, that's really all I can say.

Rating: 3/4*

Edge vs. Kane.
The angle coming into this match sucked ass. Kane had lost tons of heat because he was playing the Matt Hardy role. The match itself was an improvement over past performances, Backlash 04 specifically. While being fairly slow in pace, Kane dominated it which kept the crowd into it. Snitsky's involvement was funny and made for a fun ending consisting of Kane overcoming the odds.

Rating: **

HBK vs. Kurt Angle.
Leave it to these two to totally fucking own the rest of the RAW roster. Since Benoit, Jericho and Christian left RAW there's no one that can touch these guys in terms of quality matches. This match was almost as good as their Wrestlemania encounter however the ref bump was extremely stupid seeing as how it didn't acomplish anything another thing that annoyed me was the fact the they kept on hitting a big move and then waiting for the ref to count to 9 before acting upon it. None the less they still went above and beyond the call of duty and still outdid every other match of the year contender.

Rating: ****1/2

John Cena vs. Christian vs. Chris Jericho
I had no idea what to expect from this match. But I must say, if Christian works like this in every title match he's in then bah gawd GIVE HIM THE FUCKING TITLE! This match was fast paced and exciting. I was dissapointed that it was so short though. At only 15 minutes it didn't get as much acheived as it could've at 20 or 25. All three men did a great job with Christian standing above the rest. I'm a peep 4 life now.

Rating: ***3/4, would've gone ****+ with another five minutes.

Hell In A Cell.
This without a shadow of a doubt was the highlight of the HHH/Batista fued. This match was far superior to their Wrestlemania and Backlash matches. I'm glad they had this match as I am a huge fan of Hell In A Cell matches. With Hunter losing this one, I hope next years is a totally fresh match because HHH has been in all of them since 2003. I think Benoit vs. Jericho would be a nice Hell In A Cell for GAB next year. The barb wire chair was awesome and I hope it makes an appearance in the next match with No DQ's. The match itself was a great example of how to properly end a fued. Have an off the hook match with the right guy being put over.

Rating: ****1/4

A great PPV well worth my money. Best of the year behind Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble. 8.5/10.
User IP Logged

midLfinger

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"I was mumbling to myself like the Joker in Dark Knight, "C'mon, hit me!" I had a Tommy gun in my right hand & I was firing at the moon. Bapapap!"

YIM YIM AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 735
xx Re: Rasslin'
« Reply #132 on: Sep 28th, 2005, 1:20pm »

on Sep 28th, 2005, 06:20am, dudelovebaby wrote:
HBK vs. Kurt Angle.
Leave it to these two to totally fucking own the rest of the RAW roster. Since Benoit, Jericho and Christian left RAW there's no one that can touch these guys in terms of quality matches. This match was almost as good as their Wrestlemania encounter however the ref bump was extremely stupid seeing as how it didn't acomplish anything another thing that annoyed me was the fact the they kept on hitting a big move and then waiting for the ref to count to 9 before acting upon it. None the less they still went above and beyond the call of duty and still outdid every other match of the year contender.

Rating: ****1/2


Isn't it amazing that the best wrestler since Shawn Michaels '95/'96 is Shawn Michaels 2005 (hopefully 2006)? Has anybody ever before been just as great as they were in their prime after being out for four years and coming back from career threatening injury? He's equal to what he was ten years prior!

BTW: When Raw left USA I said I couldn't miss it and I recorded it (I record most Raw's but I felt this one HAD to be recorded). I considered it history. And as you may have noticed from my earlier post, I missed most of the last Raw on Spike and... I'm okay. Actually, I feel that I can't miss Raw back on USA and that it's history and all that jazz.

My only qualm: Raw's not gonna be on the air a few times a year for... the dog show... sad

One final question: Does anybody know how much WrestleMania tickets cost?.. Y'know, since I'm in Chicago and they go on sale October 15 at 10AM.
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2005, 1:26pm by midLfinger » User IP Logged

"baby gon hyo & chu look like the bears from star wars"

-- My wife on kittenwar.com (08/30/2005, 12:38:22 AM)

User Image

midLfinger on Twitter!
dudelovebaby

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

expendable


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 811
xx Re: Rasslin'
« Reply #133 on: Sep 28th, 2005, 7:34pm »

Quote:
Isn't it amazing that the best wrestler since Shawn Michaels '95/'96 is Shawn Michaels 2005 (hopefully 2006)? Has anybody ever before been just as great as they were in their prime after being out for four years and coming back from career threatening injury? He's equal to what he was ten years prior!


I agree to some extent. I'm more partial to Benoit, but scince Benoit is stuck squashing OJ while HBK is teh godness then, yeah, HBK is on top.

At least these days there's more people that can touch him in ringwork than there was in 96. 96 had Bret. Today has Angle, Benoit, Eddie etc...
User IP Logged

midLfinger

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"I was mumbling to myself like the Joker in Dark Knight, "C'mon, hit me!" I had a Tommy gun in my right hand & I was firing at the moon. Bapapap!"

YIM YIM AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 735
xx Re: Rasslin'
« Reply #134 on: Sep 29th, 2005, 02:16am »

on Sep 28th, 2005, 7:34pm, dudelovebaby wrote:
I agree to some extent. I'm more partial to Benoit, but scince Benoit is stuck squashing OJ while HBK is teh godness then, yeah, HBK is on top.

At least these days there's more people that can touch him in ringwork than there was in 96. 96 had Bret. Today has Angle, Benoit, Eddie etc...


Chris Benoit?! Benoit isn't even in the top 10 wrestlers of '05 on my list (note: I said of '05). Michaels, Angle, Cena, Benjamin, Orton, Guerrero, Mysterio, Jericho, Edge, Christian, Triple H even (shudder) Batista have all had a bigger impact on 2005 and better matches in 2005 than Benoit. Not that it's Benoit's fault, by the way. It's all stupid WWE... Benoit, however, took 2004 and nobody was even close to him that year (Hell, Orton beat him at SummerSlam '04 and he lost respect in the eyes of many for it).

Hope he gets a push soon, though, especially on SmackDown!. But, of everybody, Shawn Michaels has had more big matches... The guy was the main event at three pay-per-views and was only actually in one main event!! From Angle to Hogan. Hell, he stole WrestleMania. How many people can say they stole the heat from WrestleMania's main event title matches?! He's also had the best promos from his Hogan impersonation to his Canada/Hart bashing and he definitely has the best match on Raw this year against Shelton Benjamin a few months back and looks to top it with his 30-minute Iron Man Match against Angle this upcoming Monday. He's done all this and he didn't have to hold a single title to elevate him. HBK is God in '05.
User IP Logged

"baby gon hyo & chu look like the bears from star wars"

-- My wife on kittenwar.com (08/30/2005, 12:38:22 AM)

User Image

midLfinger on Twitter!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11  ...  53 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| Conforums Support |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls