Board Logo
« B:TAS »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 24th, 2017, 6:52pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: B:TAS  (Read 8549 times)
JTurner954

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 152
xx Re: B:TAS
« Reply #30 on: Aug 28th, 2005, 6:00pm »

Just for you, I'll include this:

User Image

This set will include "World's Finest", the three part episode with Superman/Batman vs. Lex Luthor/Joker. Part 1 will have commentary and comes out on December 6 as well.
User IP Logged

Will

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 706
xx Re: B:TAS
« Reply #31 on: Aug 28th, 2005, 10:19pm »

I'll probably take The New Adventures over those alternatives, thanks. Same problem with The New Adventures strikes with all these other animated productions: they're progressively dumbed down variations on the original dark deco brilliance of Dini/Timm some 10+ years ago.

I want nothing to do with The Justice League, The Batman or Teen Titans. embarassed

At some point I might buy The New Adventures set, even though it's of lower quality compared to what came previous to it -- Legends of the Dark Knight alone (which I've yet to view) interests me enough. I just wish the episodes didn't play like lame samples at times of what the original series was.
User IP Logged

Batman

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 98
xx Re: B:TAS
« Reply #32 on: Aug 29th, 2005, 12:39am »

on Aug 28th, 2005, 5:35pm, snipe wrote:
I'm tired of these damned single dvd packages. Just wait and put them out in seasons or volumes angry


Total Agreement...I want the Justice League Episodes but I'm not going to fork out all my dough for it. Bastards!

on Aug 28th, 2005, 10:19pm, Will wrote:
Legends of the Dark Knight alone (which I've yet to view) interests me enough. I just wish the episodes didn't play like lame samples at times of what the original series was.


Whats Legends of the Dark Knight?

Of all the new DC shows out there Justice League has to be the best. Not because the other shows are bad but this show is just fucking awesome from the mature attitude to the great storytelling, its all good. Plus the writers still have a love for Batman so he's in a lot of the episodes even though he's "not" a member. This show is better than Gotham Knights and it's up to the stardard of quality we expect from the makers of TAS.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2005, 12:43am by Batman » User IP Logged

They've got him CORNERED
They've got him OUTNUMBERED
They've got him TRAPPED

....They're in TROUBLE - Batman: Year One
Will

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 706
xx Re: B:TAS
« Reply #33 on: Aug 29th, 2005, 02:17am »

on Aug 29th, 2005, 12:39am, Batman wrote:
Whats Legends of the Dark Knight?


It's an ep of The New Batman Adventures that goes through the different eras and visions of Batman.

on Aug 29th, 2005, 12:39am, Batman wrote:
Of all the new DC shows out there Justice League has to be the best. Not because the other shows are bad but this show is just fucking awesome from the mature attitude to the great storytelling, its all good. Plus the writers still have a love for Batman so he's in a lot of the episodes even though he's "not" a member. This show is better than Gotham Knights and it's up to the stardard of quality we expect from the makers of TAS.


I must admit that I haven't paid all that much attention, but I left it on an episode some time ago and what I saw seemed to be sloppy and lacking quality. Could be wrong, but it didn't make me recall the glory of TAS.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2005, 04:15am by Will » User IP Logged

Batman

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 98
xx Re: B:TAS
« Reply #34 on: Aug 29th, 2005, 05:43am »

on Aug 29th, 2005, 02:17am, Will wrote:

Could be wrong, but it didn't make me recall the glory of TAS.


It may be because of the lack of dark deco which reminds us all of the TAS days. cry
User IP Logged

They've got him CORNERED
They've got him OUTNUMBERED
They've got him TRAPPED

....They're in TROUBLE - Batman: Year One
dudelovebaby

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

expendable


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 811
xx Re: B:TAS
« Reply #35 on: Aug 29th, 2005, 06:11am »

on Aug 28th, 2005, 10:19pm, Will wrote:
I'll probably take The New Adventures over those alternatives, thanks. Same problem with The New Adventures strikes with all these other animated productions: they're progressively dumbed down variations on the original dark deco brilliance of Dini/Timm some 10+ years ago.

I want nothing to do with The Justice League, The Batman or Teen Titans. embarassed

At some point I might buy The New Adventures set, even though it's of lower quality compared to what came previous to it -- Legends of the Dark Knight alone (which I've yet to view) interests me enough. I just wish the episodes didn't play like lame samples at times of what the original series was.


*Proudly has never seen an episode of Teen Titans or The Batman*

Justice League wasn't bad at first. Not enough Batman though.

But I totally agree Will, if it ain't from Bruce and Timm it ain't worth it. The quality of Batman toons decreased in quality severely once TAS ended.
User IP Logged

Sarge

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

'Cause That's How I Roll!


PM


Posts: 211
xx Re: B:TAS
« Reply #36 on: Aug 29th, 2005, 07:30am »

Justice Leauge (Especially Justice Leauge Unlimited) is probably Timms best work by far.
User IP Logged

snipe
Administrator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Master Dick


Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1952
xx Re: B:TAS
« Reply #37 on: Aug 29th, 2005, 11:40am »

I have enjoyed the JLA and JLU, but I've seen very little of both. I do love the way JLU is using some of the second, third, and forth tier characters. Not just Batman, Superman, and WW.
I must say, though aimed at kids, I like the Teen Titans show. There's just enough content from the Wolfman / Perez days to keep me occupied.
How's Superman TAS? The only thing I've seen from it was the Superman / Batman "movie," which didn't suck. I've also heard rumors of an episode where Batman was missing and Superman wore his outfit and teamed with Robin. Are there only 2 volumes of material from that show?
User IP Logged

Batman

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 98
xx Re: B:TAS
« Reply #38 on: Aug 30th, 2005, 01:24am »

I've seen a few episodes of Superman and it acuratley depicts Superman but it's not that great. Definately not up there with TAS or JLU. I saw the movie though and I thought it was not bad, had some good parts.
User IP Logged

They've got him CORNERED
They've got him OUTNUMBERED
They've got him TRAPPED

....They're in TROUBLE - Batman: Year One
JTurner954

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 152
xx Re: B:TAS
« Reply #39 on: Aug 30th, 2005, 05:03am »

I think Justice League's second season (before it became Unlimited) was the best time to watch the show. In the DVD intros, Bruce Timm mentions comics that inspired episodes and season two continued that tradition with strong storytelling (there's even one episode where a group of villains are voiced by the VA's in Teen Titans). JLU has its moments; the latest arc with Cadmus was incredible. And The Question - if he had an ongoing series, there's a 95% chance I would start reading it. The last new episode of JLU that aired had a Batman Beyond connection. I liked it, but at the same time felt it was unnecessary.

STAS is good, though the finale felt like a letdown (I'm told it was due to WB not renewing the series). I'd definitely recommend it, especially if you're a Jack Kirby fan ( I didn't like the episode in question, but Kirby fans sure did). One more thing: The voice of Superman is different. Tim Daly (Wings) did the voice on STAS and went on to work on the television version of The Fugitive.

Teen Titans: Eh. It's slowly losing my interest. I've been saying it's better than The Batman, but after seeing the last few episodes [of The Batman] on Toonami ... a shift has begun.
User IP Logged

Will

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 706
xx Re: B:TAS
« Reply #40 on: Aug 30th, 2005, 5:24pm »

on Aug 29th, 2005, 05:43am, Batman wrote:
It may be because of the lack of dark deco which reminds us all of the TAS days. cry


That's another example of style as substance though. Tone and look matter a great deal, and are as substantive as what you have to say in that they dictate how you communicate. You take away mood and you take away weight.
User IP Logged

JTurner954

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 152
xx Re: B:TAS
« Reply #41 on: Dec 2nd, 2005, 7:03pm »

Just wanted to remind everyone that the last BTAS box set comes out this Tuesday.
User IP Logged

snipe
Administrator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Master Dick


Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1952
xx Re: B:TAS
« Reply #42 on: Dec 2nd, 2005, 10:48pm »

on Dec 2nd, 2005, 7:03pm, JTurner954 wrote:
Just wanted to remind everyone that the last BTAS box set comes out this Tuesday.


I hate when stuff comes out this time of the year - now I have to wait until at least Christmas.
User IP Logged

Motown Marvel

ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar



AIM
PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 272
xx Re: B:TAS
« Reply #43 on: Dec 3rd, 2005, 12:12pm »

this is the last box set, right? the entire series is contained within the four boxsets?
User IP Logged

snipe
Administrator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Master Dick


Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1952
xx Re: B:TAS
« Reply #44 on: Dec 3rd, 2005, 12:42pm »

Yep - this is the set where a new Robin is introduced (Tim) and Nightwing appears. Also, we'll get the character redesigns (more angular).
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| Conforums Support |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls